Tuesday, March 30, 2010

What IS a blog. . . exactly?

Ok, so I know the "technical" answer to this question -I have had my own for a year and a half, and I stalk about 10 others DAILY, but stay with me. MY blog started out as a way to document what's going on in our lives in a few snapshots and cleverly stated captions. What happens, more often than not, it seems, is that I get too busy LIVING my life and I fall behind in documenting it! So what you, my faithful reader, end up with, are sporadic, HEAVILY pictured posts and LOTS of words, in my effort to catch up, and keep you caught up.
Well. . . here we go again! Since last I posted, my baby (not anymore!) boy had a birthday! He turned 3! We celebrated (officially) the weekend after his birthday (more on that in the next couple of posts), but his ACTUAL birthday started in STYLE with a chocolate sprinkle birthday donut! He made short work of it!




Since his birthday fell in the middle of our frantic search for a house in TX this year, we loaded up that afternoon and headed south, where we had a 24 hour layover at Grinny and Hitee's house, on our way to New Braunfels (for the 2nd time in less than a month!) Grinny made a yummy yellow cake with chocolate icing. . .


. . . that promptly received Vaughn's stamp of approval!



He also received a VERY exciting surprise while we were at Grinny and Hitee's.




This particular crane was a gift from Hitee and Grinny and is EXACTLY like the one he "borrowed" from the little boy who lives across the street from us. Kendal's mom sent it home with us a couple days before our trip because Vaughn LOVED it so much after playing with it at their house! What are the odds?!









1 comment:

Liz said...

I love the new header! Did you make it? I don't have a clue how to do that, but it looks so cute!!! Of course, with a cutie pie like your little guy, it would be hard for it NOT to be cute!