Vaughn's Obsessions:
1. GabbaTwuk - As any of you who have read my blog in the last several days already know, Vaughn is totally into GARBAGE! He loves his garbage truck with a passion that, at times, leaves me scratching my head!
2. Bob the Builder - I don't think this cartoon is even on TV anymore, but his daddy bought him a DVD that has cartoons mixed in with real live visits to construction sites and he cannot get enough! He walks around the house with his (battery-less) remote in one hand while chanting "Watch Bobudah" (Watch Bob the Builder) almost like a mantra!
3. Construction Vehicles - This obsession could be related to (or caused by) obsession number 2! No matter where we are - in the car, at the park, at the library, at Sonic. . . it doesn't matter. He is constantly on the lookout for, and announcing the sightings of, tractors, bulldozers, cement drucks, dump trucks, and "Big Vans" - not sure where he got this one or what it has to do with construction but he is just as consistent in finding these as he is with the other vehichles.
4. Grapes/rasins - I think the boy would eat these until they started coming out of his ears! They are definitely his snack of choice right now.
5. Old Bear/Brown Bear, Brown Bear - We cannot even think about going through the day without reading these two books at LEAST 10-12 times! Old Bear is a book we found at Target and the illustrations are really neat - kind of vintage looking - and it is the story of a bear who is hibernating and dreams he is a cub again. "The Teacher Book" as V likes to call Brown Bear, is our current library check-out fave, and I am thinking we may need to recheck this one (or just get him his very own copy!)
Mommy's Obsessions:
1. My New Camera!!! - J got me a Nikon D60 for my birthday/Christmas (we got it the day after Thanksgiving) and I love it! I can't wait to use it Christmas morning!! Be watching the blog for some examples of what a fabulous camera (note I didn't say a fabulous photographer!) can do!!
This is just one example
2. Jon and Kate plus 8 - Ok, Kate is a little intense for me at times, but I LOVE watching the kids! They make me laugh! I also get a dose of reality - I only have 1 to manage, so I ought to be able to do it with patience and a smile - always! Also, I am reading their new book (Multiple Bles8ings) and am enjoying it.
3. CoffeeMate Peppermint Mocha Creamer - If I had unlimited amounts of expendable cash this item would read Starbuck's Peppermint Mocha - but since I found my coffemate, I save some money, AND I don't have to leave home OR get out of my PJ's! I win all the way around!
4. Top Chef - the season just started and I am not sure who I am rooting for just yet, but I love Tom Colicchio. Maybe someday I'll get to eat at Craft in NYC.
5. All Things Christmas - ok, this one is kinda lame, BUT, right now it is true! I need to get the house decorated (the tree is up, with lights on, but that is all!), the cards addressed and mailed - THEY ARE SO CUTE (thanks amanda!), the gifts bought and wrapped, the Gingerbread House finished, and the list goes on. . .
OK, so now you know about us. . . let's hear about YOU! We'll be checking your blogs!
4 comments:
Glad you played the game B! Okay, I am a little obsessed with coffee mate creamer too- usually hazelnut or vanilla, I am obsessed with my camera, love Christmas and I love Top Chef! We just ate at Craft Steak in Vegas. I knew we were friends for a reason! Can't wait to see the Christmas card!
xoxo,
M
Okay, I'll get to it, Missy! That was a fun read. :) I love Jon and Kate, along with all things Christmas as well!
LOVE the new profile picture! The new one of Vaughn is adorable, too, but DUH??? He's SO stinkin' cute,it's CRAZY! Love you guys. Grinny
COuple 'o things to say:
1. Photos are GRRReat (like Tony the Tiger). I love Nikon's!
2. Should it really have taken my this long to connect the title of you blog? Seriously, I was just thinking "greener pastures" as in Oklahoma has more fields. Wow, that's embarrassing!
Post a Comment