Monday, November 24, 2008

Maybe it is just a phase. . .

But then again, who can say? Are ALL little boys, at some point in their young lives consumed with and enamoured by. . . GARBAGE? Mine sure is! Maybe it's not the garbage itself he finds so attractive, as it is the vessel that transports it!

As some of you know, Grinny came to OKC for a visit last week, and the highlight was a trip to the store that resulted in the find of the century. . . a garbage truck, that, as luck would have it, looks IDENTICAL to the one that runs weekly in our neighborhood!

It was determined by said Grinny and V's mommy that the aformentioned vehichle would serve as a gift from Santa (or Grinny and Hitee) in about 4 weeks. Vaughn played with it in the box while at the store and in the carseat on the way home from the store, (since at this age, they can play with their toys and not remember them in 20 minutes!) but by the time we arrived back at the house, we had expertly distracted him (with an Oreo cookie, I think!). Nothing more was said of the truck. . . until about 5 minutes after Vaughn woke up. . . THE NEXT DAY! So much for "forgetting!" He has been pushing the "Gabba Twuck" pretty much without ceasing! Thanks again Grinny!
This is sooooo cool!
Showing Walker my new toy.

Can't go wandering off without it! Must take it with me!

So you see, Grinny, the garbage goes in like this...

Not really sure what's happening here! Down. . .Set. . . Gabba Twuck? (that's my best guess!)







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vaughn,
I love your new truck! It is so cool. Don't you just love watching the trash truck come by your house? I really like watching it dump!
Last week I saw a digger truck and now I am really into those! Have fun with your new toy!
xoxo,
Paisley

Kelly said...

YES! Boys love trash! All Drew wants for Christmas is "2 big stinky garbage cans!" He can turn anything into a garbage can, fills it up with random things in the house and of course has to "dump it in the landfill" which is usually his bed or the middle of the living room floor! So, I hate to say it but it may not be just a phase, or if it is, it's a really long phase!!!
boys and trash, who knew!!???

Jaime said...

love it! if it rolls, is loud and lights up then its a hit w/ reid!

Hannah said...

So fun! I think you covinced me to ask my mommy for a dump truck for Christmas!!!

Kelly Hobbs