Ok, I am now officially so far behind on my holiday blogging, I get to start over from the beginning! We enjoyed our first Christmas in Oklahoma and had family in and out of town for about a two week period (off and on). Below are a few of the HIGHEST of highlights (and I have limited myself to pictures mainly of our family of 3 because otherwise I'd be here until July!) Also, if those following my blog wanted to know about all of our extended family ( in great detail) they would be checking THEIR blogs!
Getting Santa's satellite workshop ready for business. There were several "some (or LOTS of) assembly required" surprises. We ended up moving the satellite location indoors due to VERY cold temperatures. . . but those pics weren't nearly so cute!
One of our favorite traditions is making cookies for Santa, and this year we had it on good authority that he wanted M&M cookies. Not only was Vaughn a great big help with the cookies (he was the strategic M&M placer) he also discovered his GREAT BIG love for M&Ms! By the time it was all said and done I am sure he had eaten an entire bag.

He's thinking he'd rather be left alone to enjoy his candy!

Dad's trying to REASON a piece of candy out of his mouth. . . this attempt was unsuccessful!

Now the cookies are done, and the M&Ms are safely in the pantry! Mom and Dad look pleased but V looks a bit put out!

We also enjoyed another favorite Green Family Christmas tradition: New Christmas Eve PJs. I shopped for matching ones for the whole family, but wasn't satisfied with any I found, so V was the only recipient this year. I don't think I'll be able to get away with that again next year.

Christmas Morning! Of all the things to run to, Vaughn chose a rocking chair that was JUST HIS SIZE! Santa was very thoughtful, making sure to provide the chair in a color that Mommy loves and that compliments the decor! With that smile lighting up the room, I think I could have gotten used to a rocking chair in ANY color!

Here V and Daddy are working on constructing a birdhouse, using all the tools that look like Daddy's. The Black and Decker tool bench was also a BIG hit Christmas morning.


Here, Vaughn is not only modeling his new SHOES - he shares his Mommy's love of great footwear - but he is also helping Santa a bit by passing out some presents.

Walker, doesn't mind the festivities too much. . . and even participates. . . a bit.


The last activity for Christmas night was something we hope will become a tradition. The city of Yukon has a great Christmas light display in three different adjacent parks and there is a small train that travels to various displays that you can't see from the "drive-thru" route. We had tried to take Vaughn to ride the train early in the month but the wind was blowing 75 miles an hour and the temperature was something like 15 below (needless to say we are adjusting to the less than temperate winter weather here!). After Jason's parents arrived in OKC on Christmas afternoon, we decided to give the train ride another try. As you can see from the picture, Vaughn was dressed and ready to go!

A shot of the train itself.

Okay, so if you actually made it this far, to the bottom of the post, I applaud you! I have lots more to say, and plenty more pictures to share, but I'll spare you all for now! It's bedtime, and I have FINALLY recapped Christmas. . . Happy New Year!
He's thinking he'd rather be left alone to enjoy his candy!
Dad's trying to REASON a piece of candy out of his mouth. . . this attempt was unsuccessful!
Now the cookies are done, and the M&Ms are safely in the pantry! Mom and Dad look pleased but V looks a bit put out!
We also enjoyed another favorite Green Family Christmas tradition: New Christmas Eve PJs. I shopped for matching ones for the whole family, but wasn't satisfied with any I found, so V was the only recipient this year. I don't think I'll be able to get away with that again next year.
Christmas Morning! Of all the things to run to, Vaughn chose a rocking chair that was JUST HIS SIZE! Santa was very thoughtful, making sure to provide the chair in a color that Mommy loves and that compliments the decor! With that smile lighting up the room, I think I could have gotten used to a rocking chair in ANY color!
Here V and Daddy are working on constructing a birdhouse, using all the tools that look like Daddy's. The Black and Decker tool bench was also a BIG hit Christmas morning.
Our Happy Family of Four - Tanner is MIA on Christmas morning. We were in great company. Melissa, Jason's sister flew in on Christmas Eve and she volunteered to take the picture.
Here, Vaughn is not only modeling his new SHOES - he shares his Mommy's love of great footwear - but he is also helping Santa a bit by passing out some presents.
Walker, doesn't mind the festivities too much. . . and even participates. . . a bit.
One more shot of Christmas morning. . . V enjoying a toy helicopter and modeling a new hat. . . that hasn't been off his head much since this picture was taken. In fact, just tonight he was running around the house in sweat pants, a short sleeved t-shirt, bare feet, . . . and this hat!
The last activity for Christmas night was something we hope will become a tradition. The city of Yukon has a great Christmas light display in three different adjacent parks and there is a small train that travels to various displays that you can't see from the "drive-thru" route. We had tried to take Vaughn to ride the train early in the month but the wind was blowing 75 miles an hour and the temperature was something like 15 below (needless to say we are adjusting to the less than temperate winter weather here!). After Jason's parents arrived in OKC on Christmas afternoon, we decided to give the train ride another try. As you can see from the picture, Vaughn was dressed and ready to go!
Here we are at the ticket window. Notice how our hair is blowing about . . . the temperature is a bit warmer than the last time we tried to do it. . . but the wind is STILL blowing.
A shot of the train itself.
Mommy and Me. . .
One last shot of the family. . .
6 comments:
YAAAY! So glad you caught us all up! I was waiting to hear how your Christmas was!!
Very cute. What a winter wonderland you have!
Love the pictures and I must say all the Green's look fantastic in the color green! Glad you all had a wonderful Christmas! Happy New Year!
xoxo,
M
He's just getting bigger and bigger! Glad y'all had a great Christmas!
Oh my gosh! I love the pictures and post. I am so glad that you guys are doing so well. We miss you and think of you often. V is growing into a little man.
Great pics and a great way to stilll see you guys on here. Happy New Year!!!
Post a Comment