Tuesday, March 10, 2009

His birthday has come and gone. . .


. . . and I am more than a bit reflective tonight. Jason is out of town (he left this morning after we took Vaughn to breakfast - blueberry waffles, sausage and chocolate milk were the order of the day) and although Vaughn and I miss him terribly, at this moment I am thankful. I received a rare gift today - the opportunity to spend the entire day - Vaughn's birthday - just me and him. Due to complications surrounding his actual birth, I didn't see him much during the 6-8 hours following his delivery and today I feel as if God gave some of that time back to me. We spent an uninterrupted 10-12 hours together today (after Jason left town) and I loved every minute of it (even his waking from his nap, saying in a rather persistent tone "I need Daddy!"). We went to Kindermusik with Mrs. Bonnie, we had a cheesy pretzel and lemonade (lemmylame as V would say) at Sam's for lunch and we spent the remainder of the day PLAYING - in the house, in the yard, in the garage. . . you name it we played there. Today the laundry could wait, the house wasn't all that dirty, and the phone calls weren't really all that important. What mattered most today was Vaughn. Shouldn't it really be that way each and every day? I don't choose to stay home in order to have the cleanest house, the freshest laundry or the most organized pantry. I choose to stay home in order to make a big difference to my little boy, and today was a GREAT day to have my job.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, great job on the slide show!

grinny said...

hurrah, i love your blog

Amanda said...

LOVE it!! LOVE it!

(Noah's comment: "I LOVE the baby pictures...that's so sweet!")

(Zach's comment: "Baby!")

Happy Birthday, 'Baby Vaughn'!
Love, Amanda, Noah and Zach

melissa said...

Happy Birthday V...so glad you and your mommy got to have a special day together. I like lemonade too! Isn't it fun being 2???
xoxo,
Pais