Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I am still on auto. . .

as far as my camera is concerned. . . but more on that later. As the month of August winds down, so does the summer. Kids everywhere have started school, and thoughts turn to college football, instead of to trips to the beach or to the pool. That being said, I thought I’d take a few minutes and share a few high points for us from the end of this summer.

Vaughn and I went to visit Molly and her family in Abilene for several days. We wanted to spend some time with family while Jason was traveling (for work) and we also wanted to see Louisa perform in Abilene’s rendition of Willie Wonka Jr. Here are a few pictures from her big night on stage. She played Varuka Salt (not sure I got that name right – she was the bratty little rich girl from the movie!).

Eager theater goers on their way to the big show!

DSC04045

A few shots of various cast members. . . Louisa is the one in pigtails!

DSC04047

DSC04049 DSC04050DSC04048

The following morning we all ventured out to the “very best donut shop” in all of Abilene.

DSC04059DSC04058 DSC04060

After a nutritious breakfast we headed to the Children’s Museum. . . DSC04070 DSC04066 DSC04072

All this was great, but the BEST part of the visit HAD to be our trip to the zoo! DSC04079

DSC04085

And the HIGHLIGHT at the zoo was definitely the Giraffes! DSC04087 DSC04090 DSC04093 DSC04106

So, thanks to Molly, Brandon, Louisa and Susannah for a great time in Abilene!

No comments: