Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Has it REALLY been 10 years?!


Well. . . almost! As of June 19th, Jason and I will have been married for 10 wonderful years. We recently celebrated our anniversary (early) on our first trip without Vaughn (he enjoyed 4 fun-filled days at Nonni and Pop's house). We enjoyed 4 fantastic days in Las Vegas! Since we aren't big gamblers, we planned our trip around great entertainment and fabulous food.




We stayed at the Mirage, on the 21st floor with an amazing view of the volcano out front as well as the strip. We saw LOVE - the Cirque de Soleil show based on the Beatles musical catalog - and I have to say it was the most amazing live theater show I have ever seen. It's hard to go wrong when you start with all the great songs of the Beatles and the dancing, acrobatics, costumes and props were breathtaking. There was even one point during the show where the ENTIRE audience was involved with a huge, billowing piece of fabric that came out of the middle of the stage and stretched up to cover all of us. Following the performance, Jason and I enjoyed drinks in the stage-show themed lounge and later in the evening had the pleasure of meeting and visiting with several of the cast members!




After recovering from that late night out, we enjoyed a leisure day of shopping and people watching. For dinner on Monday we treated ourselves again with an amazing meal at Mesa Grill, Bobby Flay's restaurant located at Caesar's. Jason and I both enjoy watching Bobby on The Food Network, but more than that, we LOVE eating his food! We each had the coffee-rubbed filet, Jason enjoyed a twice baked potato, and I had a chile relleno. We shared wine and a wonderful rum-soaked pineapple upside down cake with vanilla bean ice cream for dessert. OH MY GOODNESS! YUMMY!


We capped off our trip by trying to catch an earlier flight home in order to see V! We had a great time just the two of us, but we SERIOUSLY missed the little guy! After learning the change in flights would set us back more than the original price of the tickets, we opted to wait it out. . . and wait we did. . . while they grounded ALL flights in and out of the Las Vegas airport. . . when AIR FORCE ONE arrived! I'll provide no comment on this, but leave you all to draw your own conclusions as to mine and Jason's reaction to this development! We DID get to see the plane taxi down the runway after landing, and that was kinda neat. All in all it was a wonderful trip! Thank you, Jason! Happy Anniversary. . . I love you!

6 comments:

Jaime said...

Sounds like a wonderful time was had by you guys. Glad you got to do it! Happy 10 years, Greens!!!

The Meador's said...

Congratulations! I'm glad you two got away to have some fun adult time. It is always nice to have a conversation with someone over the age of 7 =) I know you understand...

Michael and I will celebrate our ten year anniversay on Friday. We will celebrate in style....final work day at school for me ~ mowing for Michael. We will wrap it up with a nice dinner at The Melting Pot. Yum!!

The Reeves bunch said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Wow, 10 years that it awesome. I drove by Mother's Loads the other day and thought of you guys! We miss you!!

Hannah said...

Happy Anniversary!! Wow! You got to see Air Force One!! I'm jealous!

melissa said...

Happy Happy! Sounds like y'all had a fab time...so glad you got to experience Vegas!

Meggan and Trent said...

Happy Anniversary! What a fun trip! :)