So many goings-on and so little time! I have the time to take the pictures, but don’t carve out the time to edit them, put them on the blog or write about them, and now I just want to skip ahead to the “and to top it all off” story, but that would be unfair to my 4 faithful readers and I wouldn’t get to showcase nearly enough pictures! So. . . .here is the Reader’s Digest version of the last 2 months!
First, there was the week Daddy spent in New Mexico for work. He traveled to The Lodge at Chama (in Chama, NM) and a couple other nearby spots to meet with several elk breeding operations that use Record Rack (Cargill’s Elk and Deer Game Feed). Here are a couple pictures for you big game hunters out there.
And for those of you who don’t hunt big game, but are married to those who do, this picture is for you!
This is the lodge at Chama, where you can relax, read, knit, nosh, or snooze to your heart’s content while your guy is out bagging game or hooking trout . Not too shabby!
While Daddy was away, we busied ourselves at home, counting the days until his return and hanging out with Nonni and Pop.
NEXT, Daddy came back (He ALWAYS comes back) and we took a family adventure to Arbuckle Wilderness, a ride-thru wilderness and wildlife park where you can feed the animals from your car (read: the camels will climb in your window with you!) If you don’t believe me, check out the photos below!
I also got to feed the giraffes from the other side of the car, but Jason was too busy trying to keep V from climbing out my window to take any pictures!
We also took in a little thoroughbred horse racing this Labor Day. There was a big to-do out at Remington Park (bounce houses, 1$ hot dogs, live music, face painting, etc) and we took Vaughn to see the horses. He was so busy running from fence post to fence post looking at the big green tractors and all the beautiful horses, I was only able to get one picture, but it did turn out pretty cute! He and dad enjoyed the good eats!
Finally, in the last couple of months my son has discovered a few new favorite activities:
Paying the Bills
and
Dressing Up like a Cowboy
Oh. . . and did I mention he had his first dentist appointment? He handled it like a champ and we got his first (of many, I hope!) no cavity reports!
So, I think you are all caught up now. . . more on “to top it all off” tomorrow!
1 comment:
you're not that far behind, since it's oct 11 & i'm reading sept 30. i am behind on my blogging; i'm thinking of going the "this is what we're doing now, if you want to catch up: call me" route. tell vaughn hello from abilene.
Post a Comment