First Things First. . . We love our new house, and even better than the house itself, is getting to all be together as a family. However, the house isn't exactly as WE would have chosen when we moved in. There are some paint colors we aren't so fond of, some hardware that isn't our favorite, and some light fixtures that need to be updated.
ALL OF THIS MUST WAIT!
The play scape in the backyard (that came with the house) is great, but it was designed for use by a 7 and a 10 year old. Vaughn is advanced in a lot of ways, but he is still a bit clumsy, and gravity ALWAYS wins, so. . . . . Daddy made some adjustments. And lets be realistic. . . he COULDN'T have made them without some help from the resident playground expert! Here are a few photos of the whole endeavor.
"Mommy, hold the swing." Apparently, there were some adjustments needed here, I'm just not sure what they were. They obviously required a jigsaw and a hammer.

ALL OF THIS MUST WAIT!
The play scape in the backyard (that came with the house) is great, but it was designed for use by a 7 and a 10 year old. Vaughn is advanced in a lot of ways, but he is still a bit clumsy, and gravity ALWAYS wins, so. . . . . Daddy made some adjustments. And lets be realistic. . . he COULDN'T have made them without some help from the resident playground expert! Here are a few photos of the whole endeavor.
"Mommy, hold the swing." Apparently, there were some adjustments needed here, I'm just not sure what they were. They obviously required a jigsaw and a hammer.
First you measure. . . .THEN you cut!
This piece is way too long. I'll take care of it!
Do you need my help up there? I can do a test run on the slide for you!
Every construction site needs a foreman. . .
The "Man-Tape" - this is what Vaughn calls the measuring tape. . . and when asked where you keep it, he responded by saying "in your pocket" and trying to hook this one on his back pocket (which he doesn't have in these pants). We improvised, but it looks like I should get him a measuring tape that is better suited to his little self. Too many more minutes with this one and he'd have been walking around with his pants down around his ankles!
I call this one "Friends for Life". They are bosom buddies, for sure!
3 comments:
Have I got a project for you!!! Love the man tape and all the tools. Keep up the good work!
Love, Grinny
Oh, I absolutely adore the picture of V and his pup. Precious! Looks like you have a fantastic backyard...we are a little jealous!
Miss you,
M
Oh my gosh those pictures are too cute of your little guy helping out!!!
Post a Comment