As you may recall, a couple of weekends ago, the state of Oklahoma was supposed to get, somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 feet of snow (I know, I am embellishing again, but it makes the story better!). Many parts of the state did get a significant amount of precip, but here in the big city, we got cheated! While it WAS cold and wet, we did NOT get the kind of accumulation that was promised by all those weathermen who ALWAYS know what they are talking about. Anyway, because of the temperature and the sogginess Vaughn was not able to spend his usual 12-14 hours a day outside, so we had to be creative with our play inside. So. . . . we built a tent! Using a card table and a sheet, we assembled the greatest play structure known to man (that is STILL in our living room!!) Vaughn has used this tent over the last two weeks as many things. . . a place to read, a place to snack, a place to watch the Backyardigans, but I think his
favorite thing to do in it is HIDE! He employs this tactic for many reasons. . . meal time, bath time, teeth brushing time, nap time, time to go run errands, and of course just for fun, to see how long it will take us to come looking for him. I do think he would be a bit more successful at staying hidden if he would only learn to be QUIET while hiding. This is a skill he has yet to master! However, if the last two weeks are any indication, the tent isn't going away any time soon and he will have plenty of opportunities to perfect his new found pastime!
Look at my COOL new tent! Mommy made it for me!
Right now I have so many toys inside I am having trouble fitting in it myself!

Think I'll get just a few more toys to take inside with me.

Maybe you could come and play in my new tent with me?

Like I mentioned above, although we didn't get as much snow as was predicted, we did see a few flakes fall over the course of a couple of days. We had talked to V about the snow and all he said for two days was "Vaughn make a snowball?". So, before we ran some errands, Jason took him outside to do just that. Below you will see that his face tells the story better than I could. It was NOT the story I anticipated with all of the build up.
Ok V, here you go! Your very first snowball!

This is it? Seriously, this is what I have been waiting for?

Hmm. . .think I'd rather play INSIDE with my tent!
3 comments:
V~
I LOVE your new tent...your mommy is so clever! I think I would like to come play, and read, and maybe even watch the Backyardigans with you in your tent. If only we lived closer!
p.s. Did you taste the snow?
xoxo,
Pais
What a great idea! I am so going to have to get my mommy to make me a tent! That looks like super fun!!!
hugs,
Hannah
I have tried several times to leave comments, but I have failed. I hope this works.
How do you feel about OK? Do you like living there. We will definately come see you guys this summer when we visit. You know that I will need to get away from my family =)
Glad you are all better. It took us 3 full weeks to get everyone healthy!
Post a Comment