Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Summer Summary

Let's be honest. It would be impossible to write down in a few lines or even a few pages what this summer of "transition" has taught me or what it has come to mean to me. Despite all the inconveniences (both for us and for those who put up with us!) there have also been one-of-a-kind experiences that I wouldn't trade. Vaughn knows his grandparents better than he ever would have otherwise. Jason and I have had the opportunity to honestly evaluate our priorities as a married couple and as parents, and I think we are better now than ever at being married and at being parents. If nothing else, we are definitely better able to communicate about all things married and parental.
Frankly, I am glad that this part of our journey to Oklahoma is almost over. I have grown weary of packing up the car every two weeks or so and moving Vaughn and Walker back and forth from Whitney to Arp, with a few detours to Oklahoma City thrown in for good measure. I miss seeing my husband on a regular and predictable basis, even if it is only for a couple of hours after he gets home from work, before we go to bed. I am ready to have my dog inside and on the couch and at the foot of my bed again.
But I certainly wouldn't give up what we have gained for having spent our summer this way.
Here are just a few of the moments we'll remember most:

Spending quality time on Grinny and Hitee's porch




Helping Pop mow the grass





(Re)Organizing Grinny's Pantry




Swinging on a tire swing with Daddy





Shopping with Nonni


Driving Pop's Boat



Counting Grapes with Grinny



Planting Crepe Myrtles with Hitee

3 comments:

Jaime said...

I'm so excited to be able to read about you guys in effort to keep up. Best of luck in the big move to Oklahoma! Vaughn is adorable as usual and we miss you guys. :)

The Reeves bunch said...

Welcome to the Blog world! I am not very good about updating my blog, but I get to it evidently. I am glad that you are able to settle down in Oklahoma. How exciting! I am glad that we can stay in touch this way. Vaughn is adorable and growing up so fast. Love you and miss you guys! Good Luck with the move!

Abby said...

That first pic is so quintessential "boy and his dog" I love it!!